Monday, February 25, 2019

Dr So Biography a global health care worker for a faith-based organization


Dr So

Born and raised in Boston, MA. 
Graduated from Tufts University majoring in biology and chemistry. 
In my last year, I became a follower of Christ, and through His grace, got accepted to Medical College of Pennsylvania (now Drexel University College of Medicine) in Philadelphia.

Afterwards, I completed internal medicine residency in St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Boston, before coming to Chicago in 2000 to practice medicine.

During this period, I went to seminary at Moody Graduate School, where I met and married my current wife, Minhee, in 2006.

Also, in 2006, I got certified in tropical and travel medicine through the ASTMH.

 In 2010, I also certified in hospitalist medicine through the ABIM.

In 2011, I went with my family overseas, as a global health care worker for a faith-based organization, serving in NE Asia for the last 8 years. 

During this time, I studied Korean @ Sogang University, then served as a director of a medical clinic in a university in NE China (for security sake I cannot mention more details). 

I also made a few visits to a city-level hospital on the northeast side of DPRK. Also, I began MPH studies @ Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health. Am hoping to finish this program this spring.

Most recently, I am working at Lawndale Christian Health Center as a physician practicing internal medicine, reaching out to an underserved neighborhood in Chicago.

I also have been blessed with our one 8 ½ yo son, named Luke John.
---


No comments:

Post a Comment